– DON’T batch all keywords in same ad group…
– Think of it from Google point of you – they want users to have a good experience will reward advertisers who have a specific ad for each keyword and a landing page page specific to ad / keyword.
– Always observe search terms – look out for keyword themes and move into new Ad Group.
– If you want to start very conservative with exact match keywords
– Check your Ads for your service in more competitive markets – Sydney, Melbourne, New York, London, etc to see examples using Adwords preview tool
– Maximise use of extensions
– Use relevant Sitelinks for each ad group, not just at campaign level
– Callout, Price, Location & Phone Extensions
– Sync Adwords Account with Google My Business location – this will allow your address to show + business opening hours etc
– Ideally use one Google account for Adwords, Google My Business, Analytics, Google Webmaster Tools.
– Check search terms report to see if any keywords you don’t want are triggering your ad
– Effective list of negative keywords to consider adding – click here
– Most underperforming accounts don’t have conversions setup
– Conversions allow you to monitor which keywords are producing leads and which are not.
– Split test different Ads – vary headline and description
– Always have a ‘control’ which is your best performing Ad – then try to out perform it.